Presentation By Food Stylist
Sweet & Sour Spareribs (with Chinese Noodles)
by Sandra Thomson
3 tbsp + 1 tsp Minus 8 Vinegar
3 – 4 lbs spareribs
1 cup chicken bouillon/broth
¼ cup brown sugar (packed)
¼ cup white vinegar
1 small onion sliced
1 medium green pepper chunked
2 tbsp cornstarch mixed with ¼ cup cold water
1 can (11oz) mandarin oranges (drained)
1 box Chinese noodles
1 tbsp olive oil
- Cut spareribs into serving size pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brown for 15 minutes in a sauté pan with a little cooking oil.
- Combine the chicken bouillon, brown sugar, white vinegar and Minus 8 Vinegar. Put the mixture into the slow cooker with the browned ribs. Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours.
- Then, turn to high heat and add the onion and cornstarch water mixture. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Boil the Chinese noodles until tender during this time. Once the noodles are cooked and drained, toss with 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp Minus 8 Vinegar.
- Add the mandarin oranges and green pepper to the crock pot. Cover and cook another 5 minutes. Serve the ribs over top of the noodles.